175 replies to this topic

#41 TehFix0r

TehFix0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:18 PM

As with most others in the thread: Be a vego, be a vegan, but just shut up and accept the fact that I can't live without my steak, so leave me alone.

I am currently too drunk to make a valuable contribution to this thread.

Best post ever

#42 anesthesia

anesthesia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationBeckenham

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:32 PM

people are meant to eat meat. its an evolution thing. but hey if you want to fuck up millions of years of improvement im not gonna stop you.
hile gunslinger, it must be good to ride up on your horse. I think everyone deserter a choice,

i never said you didnt have a choice i just said i didnt care. it doesnt effect me if you dont eat meat. i was saying we are omnivores, we get essential nutrients from what we eat, or what we are meant to eat anyway.
Please Quall back any time.
www.ultradetectives.com

#43 MD.

MD.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts
  • LocationBeckenham, Perth

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:06 PM

still, fuck you man. brontosaurus are mad
so you liek mudkips?

#44 sour_candy

sour_candy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:33 AM

You know, as a lifelong vegetarian, I've come across FAR more people who complain about fanatical and militant vegos than I have ones who actually fit that stereotype.
...not sure about the golden knobs though.

#45 MD.

MD.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:11 PM

great call. Religion on the other hand..
so you liek mudkips?

#46 The Day After

The Day After

Advanced Member

• Perthbands Reviewer
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,219 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:26 PM

You know, as a lifelong vegetarian, I've come across FAR more people who complain about fanatical and militant vegos than I have ones who actually fit that stereotype.

Quoted for trooth.

Also, try comparing to the amount of ads for vegetarianism on tv, bus stops, newspaper etc, to the number of ads for big macs, lamb, hungry jacks, kfc, red rooster, chicken treat, etc ad inifinitum... yeah all those whingeing vegetarians gotta shut the farrrrrk up hey, they should stop telling everyone what do with their life... and eat a fuckin' steak!

In truth, everyone should just eat A BIG FUCKING DELICIOUS BOWL OF CAP'N CRUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

SEAMS | Heathcote Blue | Solar Barge | The Brow | [url=http://www.myspace.com/bluetonguebeats]Blue Tongue

#47 QueefGiblet

QueefGiblet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,392 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:31 PM

Quoted for trooth.

Also, try comparing to the amount of ads for vegetarianism on tv, bus stops, newspaper etc, to the number of ads for big macs, lamb, hungry jacks, kfc, red rooster, chicken treat, etc ad inifinitum... yeah all those whingeing vegetarians gotta shut the farrrrrk up hey, they should stop telling everyone what do with their life... and eat a fuckin' steak!

That's not really a justifiable comparison though as humans are innately omnivorous hence that is the norm.

#48 Bangers

Bangers

Large Member

• Moderators
  • 3,633 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:38 PM

Quoted for trooth.

That's not really a justifiable comparison though as humans are innately omnivorous hence that is the norm.

Same as someone on here was talking about gay people being unable to avoid listening to music with lyrics all about heterosexual sex. Because hetero sex is the norm and so is being an omnivore. Not that there's anything wrong with being a gay vegan.
And that is all I have to say about that.

#49 The Day After

The Day After

Advanced Member

• Perthbands Reviewer
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,219 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:41 PM

Well humans are innately opportunistic eaters, they are predisposed to be able to eat meat but do not need to eat it. But that's another 5 pages of thread argument right there.

My only point was, if it's oh so irritating to be told by one obnoxious vegetarian every 6 years that you shouldn't eat meat, try being a vegetarian and getting EAT THIS CORPSE, YO! rammed in ya face dozens of times a day.

Yes it's comparable to the homosexual thing, but that fact of minority/majority is only an explanation, it doesn't change the fact, nor does it ameliorate anything.
SEAMS | Heathcote Blue | Solar Barge | The Brow | [url=http://www.myspace.com/bluetonguebeats]Blue Tongue

#50 QueefGiblet

QueefGiblet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,392 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

I dunno dude, I doubt it's going to be profitable for advertisers to be using mainstream media campaigns if their customers are niche/minority markets. That may possibly result in an overrepresentation of the 'norm' in general.

General society is FULL of overt and often ridiculous stereotypes eg people with long hair, beards and tattoos are dodgy bogan crim types.

#51 The Day After

The Day After

Advanced Member

• Perthbands Reviewer
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,219 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:56 PM

Well ya.

I dunno dude, I doubt it's going to be profitable for advertisers to be using mainstream media campaigns if their customers are niche/minority markets. That may possibly result in an overrepresentation of the 'norm' in general.

Yeah, naturally.

It should be noted that what is advertised in mainstream media isn't just informed by what is 'the norm,' but vice versa also.

#52 MD.

MD.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

cap'n crunch for instance. BREAKFAST? ha!
so you liek mudkips?

#53 Silas

Silas

Silas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:00 PM

Not that there's anything wrong with being a gay vegan.
[/quote]

Unless you swallow!!! :mellow:

Biggie, Tupac and... Silas

Bucka! Bucka! Bucka!

#54 SupremeBeans

SupremeBeans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:53 PM

Yeah to be fair the majority of people vegan/vegetarian people I've encountered are pretty cool, but the crap people can give the rest a bad name. I guess that's the case for almost all groups though.
[quote author=Duceman link=topic=37.msg201620#msg201620 date=1257433297]
[quote author=SupremeBeans link=topic=37.msg201515#msg201515 date=1257417124]
I like to think Hulkamania transcends critical analysis.
[/quote]

WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER, WHEN POST-MODERNISM RUNS WILD ON YOOUUUUU?

#55 sour_candy

sour_candy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:01 PM

[quote author=Silas link=topic=18092.msg210883#msg210883 date=1260014366]
Not that there's anything wrong with being a gay vegan.
[/quote]

Unless you swallow!!! :mellow:
[/quote]

I'm fairly certain that ethically, that would only apply if people went around giving blowjobs to animals other than humans.
...not sure about the golden knobs though.

#56 Silas

Silas

Silas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

Some do! I've seen some movies that would make your eyes pop!
It's still an animal product.

*may contain traces of nuts
  :lol:

Biggie, Tupac and... Silas

Bucka! Bucka! Bucka!

#57 Stever

Stever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  • Location6 0 1 1 POASTZ FROM THA COAST

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:27 AM

Not that there's anything wrong with that
Posted Image

#58 weaselbritches- bah!

weaselbritches- bah!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:15 PM

I'm not and about to eat a vegetarian cottage pie, I'll let you know how it goes - not well, I suspect.

#59 weaselbritches- bah!

weaselbritches- bah!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:41 PM

Fucken hell, it wasn't even TVP.  If I wanted a fucken lentil pie, I'd fucken make an awesome one (and have done previously). Bland to the extreme, rock the mike like a vandal.

#60 rory

rory

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:50 PM

Not the thread for porky pies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users