#1 JM

JM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

I know there is already a topic lower down about the reboot but I thought the movie deserved it's own thread, with it's proper title.

To kick start why this could be seriously awesome HD teaser trailer below

http://www.trailerad...tors/sneak-peak

predator dog thing? I'm dubious, but looks like they're trying to get that jungle feel of the 1st...
--
Could you just quickly spook my kids?

#2 MD.

MD.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts
  • LocationBeckenham, Perth

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:05 PM

I thought it was great until they showed the predator dog. ffs. adrian brodey does look alot "cooler" than i expected.
so you liek mudkips?

#3 Bob Lava

Bob Lava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:59 PM

Yeah apparently in one script there are Predator dogs, birds and swimming creatures. If the designs are good they will work but I'm definitely not sold. I mean our planet has numerous lifeforms so......after the average AVP films this has got its back against the wall. Unfortunately sequel destroyer Topher Grace is in this as well....
I can't fly to the moon if my feathers have been clipped

#4 Damo

Damo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

The original Predator was supposed to be a dog-like creature, so perhaps its a nod?

#5 Uncle Monkey

Uncle Monkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:11 PM

Wasn't the Alien in Alien 3 meant to be dog-like as well, after having gestated in a rottie? 

#6 Damo

Damo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:12 PM

Actually, by memory the Alien in Alien 3 was initially different, too - originally it was shot as coming from an ox.
In Alien 3's final cut, they modified the film to have it come out of the Rottweiller, but the design of the adult alien was already complete, hence why it has hooves for feet.

Aliens are supposed to take on characteristics of their hosts, but there really isnt any explanation as to why it moves so fast.

Btw, heres the pic of what the original predator was supposed to look like. It was deemed so stupid it caused a split between production departments which nearly caused the film to be shut down entirely. This was after they also suggested Jean-Claude Van Damme play the Predator.
Posted Image

#7 Uncle Monkey

Uncle Monkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:37 PM

Well, there you go. 

Maybe the beastie was fast, cause things with 4 legs are generally faster than things with 2, perhaps?

And JCVD, the predator?  That would explain the dialogue.  Oh, wait ....

#8 MD.

MD.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:42 PM

i like the actual predator.
so you liek mudkips?

#9 JM

JM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:14 PM

Btw, heres the pic of what the original predator was supposed to look like. It was deemed so stupid it caused a split between production departments which nearly caused the film to be shut down entirely. This was after they also suggested Jean-Claude Van Damme play the Predator.

Yeh there's a doco on the Predator special edition dvd with them filming test shots with someone in that original Predator costume, looks so stupid. Like a big bird thing.

Don't know why anyone would want to change the predator design at all, like xenomorphs the original design is excellent.
--

#10 aaargh

aaargh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:24 PM

Yeh there's a doco on the Predator special edition dvd with them filming test shots with someone in that original Predator costume, looks so stupid. Like a big bird thing.

Don't know why anyone would want to change the predator design at all, like xenomorphs the original design is excellent.

Hahahaha yup, here it is, so hilarious:

#11 aaargh

aaargh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPerth SOR

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:36 PM

Something interesting from wikipedia about the original predator:

Jean-Claude Van Damme was originally cast as the Predator creature, the idea being that the physical action star would use his martial arts skills to make the Predator an agile, ninja-esque hunter.[1] When compared to Schwarzenegger, Weathers, and Ventura, actors known for their bodybuilding regimens, it became apparent a more physically-imposing man was needed to make the creature appear threatening. Additionally, it was reported that Van Damme constantly complained about the monster suit being too hot, causing him to pass out. He also had allegedly voiced his reservations on numerous occasions that he would not appear on camera without the suit in the film. Jesse Ventura's autobiographical book also alleges Van Damme intentionally injured a stunt man.[2] Van Damme was removed from the film and replaced by Kevin Peter Hall.[1] Hall, standing at an imposing 7 foot 2, had just finished work as a sasquatch in Harry and the Hendersons.[3]

#12 JM

JM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:58 PM

http://au.movies.ign...uh6e7cs?show=hi

full trailer out, 3 predators vs humans apparently.
--

#13 Damo

Damo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:49 AM

Oleg Taktarov - cool :)

#14 Chad Burger

Chad Burger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Locationum...Perth

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:20 AM

Fuck Im soooooo keyed up for this film

Every day I drive down Guildford road and theres this dirty great Predators billboard looking at me, Ive rewatched all the predator movies (including the AVPs) and I cant stop saying "He's uzing de treeeez!"

Ive gone Predators mad
Mighty Warrior Of Metal

www.burgersofbeef.com
www.myspace.com/burgersofbeef

#15 Paperflyband

Paperflyband

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPerth.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:47 PM

Fuck Im soooooo keyed up for this film

Every day I drive down Guildford road and theres this dirty great Predators billboard looking at me, Ive rewatched all the predator movies (including the AVPs) and I cant stop saying "He's uzing de treeeez!"

Ive gone Predators mad

There's more than one AVP?
flyingblindendeavours@gmail.com

#16 MD.

MD.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:16 PM

yeah it was called AVP 2. Requiem. Was so fucking shit but not as shit as a predator n human working together to kill aliens.
so you liek mudkips?

#17 Damo

Damo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

^ In the Dark Horse "Aliens: Earth War (or it could have been "Aliens: Hive)" comic, it follows a very similar storyline as AvP1 in regards to the Predator and human woman working together to survive against thousands of Aliens attacking, but the comic was way cooler than the movie.

It also had no references to Ancient civilizations or Antarctic training grounds...

#18 Archibald Winstone

Archibald Winstone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:58 PM

Actually, by memory the Alien in Alien 3 was initially different, too - originally it was shot as coming from an ox.
In Alien 3's final cut, they modified the film to have it come out of the Rottweiller, but the design of the adult alien was already complete, hence why it has hooves for feet.

Aliens are supposed to take on characteristics of their hosts, but there really isnt any explanation as to why it moves so fast.

Posted Image

Hahaha so instead they came up with a space suit with dreadlocks.
Grind, Death, Doom, Industrial, Noise, Experimental - if any or all of that appeals to you then maybe you would be so kind as to offer me a gig!

#19 Paperflyband

Paperflyband

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPerth.

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:42 AM

Thing kinda looks like a walking goat.

The new trailer looks good, the CGI looks a bit too CGI though... specially that freakin' dog.
flyingblindendeavours@gmail.com

#20 Lickerr

Lickerr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
  • LocationOuter Space

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

Just saw this on DRB...

Posted Image

http://www.superstre...a/photo_03.html