1 reply to this topic

#1 postman1138

postman1138

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

Has anyone been keeping up to date with the new Census that's coming round? There's a page of facebook created by The Atheist Foundation of Australia to keep people aware that the "What Religion is the person?" question means "what religion are you now?" and NOT "What Religion were you born into?". There seemed to be some confusion with the way the question was worded. The Government needs correct statistics so they can distribute the wealth. One aim is to keep religion out of politics.

This is the page:

My link

You might notice a large portion of Christians claim by putting "No Religion" 1 million Muslims will take over Australia and build Mosques. As if somehow their right to a place of worship is less than a Christians. Also, by ticking no "No Religion" the numbers if Muslims don't magically rise (11.3% at last count) it simply means the number of Agnostics/Atheists/Humanists/Realists rise.

Also to be noted is Jedi. Putting "Jedi" is counted as "No Vote" unfortunately. Some people think the census is the place to get a religion recogsnised.

Edited by postman1138, 27 July 2011 - 07:43 PM.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness"

#2 Mrb

Mrb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,035 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

Posted Image
Brian,Brian. The babe they called 'Brian', He grew,...grew, grew, and grew--,Grew up to be-- grew up to be A boy called 'Brian'-- A boy called 'Brian'. He had arms... and legs... and hands... and feet, This boy... whose name was 'Brian', And he grew,... grew, grew, and grew-- Grew up to be-- Yes, he

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users