• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bloomsbury Puraede

Bloomsbury Puraede

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:12 PM

OK so i Mix Music at Home and have wired up and  with my dads old HIFI  system from sony as monitors and used them long enough to figure out  what turns out good.

i wanna Upgrade and We all know about the NS10s  and how good they  apparently are (i know they dont actually sound good) so i wanna know the Story Behing the HS Monitors  and what the differences are appart from the size of speaker and how they compare to NS10s

if u have used any of them let me know what there like and what not and anything basically u think i should know.

cheers
Mushy

#2 Stefmeister

Stefmeister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationKinross

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

I have the HS80's dig em. The main deference is that you supposedly wont get as much low end out of the 5's as the 8's and obviously the price. Have you thought about looking at the krk equivalent or are you set on Yamahas? Also the bigger HS80's look more impressive when you bring over the lady's YMMV

Edited by Stefmeister, 12 October 2011 - 04:59 PM.

#3 Bloomsbury Puraede

Bloomsbury Puraede

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:26 PM

yeh im pretty set on Yamaha, ive mixed on NS10s and was just wondering if these new versions live up to there quality, and yeh low end would be nice but im predominantly band orientated so bass would be nice but for the extra money just for more low end?

#4 Stefmeister

Stefmeister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationKinross

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

Go down to kosmic with a cd you know very well and ask them to try both. To my ears theres a weird thing going on in the low end anyways when you start mixing with them you'll add way to much drums.

#5 Bloomsbury Puraede

Bloomsbury Puraede

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

View PostStefmeister, on 13 October 2011 - 03:54 PM, said:

Go down to kosmic with a cd you know very well and ask them to try both. To my ears theres a weird thing going on in the low end anyways when you start mixing with them you'll add way to much drums.

hahah righto, yeh i might do that, cheers for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users