• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BBM

BBM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

Black Board Minds will be launching their new singles "Hell With Me / Wasting Away" At Mojos bar Fremantle on the 26th of Nov, Come down for a awesome night of music with support from Rainy Day Women, Deep River Collective and Oh! You Pretty Things. Doors at 8.

For a sneak peak of the new tunes, visit our unearthed page:
http://www.triplejunearthed.com/BlackBoardMinds

Get your tickets through Moshtix fast as this will sell out! Just $15!!!!!
http://www.moshtix.com.au/event.aspx?id=51509&ref=moshtix&skin

And check out our new website: www.blackboardminds.com

Here's what MikeWafer had to say about it:

'Interesting’ is perhaps the best way to describe Black Board Minds, as they’re a particularly tonal band. If something sounds great, its genre of origin is irrelevant... the band find a way of working it into their own sound, and convincingly owning it.

Point in case, new single Hell With Me: a dark and catchy pop song at its heart, but one made spectacular by unexpected surf guitar textures, a crooked country swagger and a Morricone gallop. It’s a very pronounced slant, but nothing that feels out of place or forced. It simply makes the song more involving and more interesting.

So whether they are a country band, a surf band, a blues band, or a pop band doesn’t at all matter, because Black Board Minds are open to using whatever it takes to make their songs as powerful to listen to as possible. And, in their five years of existence, their songs have just gotten better and better... more adventurous and more confident.

Following on from their self-titled 2008 debut, Hell With Me and its buddy song Wasting Away are Black Board Minds the studio band, catching up to Black Board Minds the live band... meatier, grittier and unflinchingly delivered. As always, though, the band’s songs have hooks regardless of how they are tarted up because, at the end of the day, these are songs to sing along to. They are songs to dance to.

Based out of the port city of Fremantle, Black Board Minds are part of the WA music community that has produced artists such as Abbe May and Tame Impala... artists who aren't afraid to look outside their own era for inspiration. Musicians who are the utmost music lovers.

So there are sure to be some serious twists and turns when Black Board Minds’ debut album finds its way onto a shiny disc, and as the first taste of things to come, Hell With Me is a sign to put on your seatbelt and get ready.
'Interesting’ is perhaps the best way to describe Black Board Minds, as they’re a particularly tonal band. If something sounds great, its genre of origin is irrelevant... the band find a way of working it into their own sound, and convincingly owning it.

Point in case, new single Hell With Me: a dark and catchy pop song at its heart, but one made spectacular by unexpected surf guitar textures, a crooked country swagger and a Morricone gallop. It’s a very pronounced slant, but nothing that feels out of place or forced. It simply makes the song more involving and more interesting.

So whether they are a country band, a surf band, a blues band, or a pop band doesn’t at all matter, because Black Board Minds are open to using whatever it takes to make their songs as powerful to listen to as possible. And, in their five years of existence, their songs have just gotten better and better... more adventurous and more confident.

Following on from their self-titled 2008 debut, Hell With Me and its buddy song Wasting Away are Black Board Minds the studio band, catching up to Black Board Minds the live band... meatier, grittier and unflinchingly delivered. As always, though, the band’s songs have hooks regardless of how they are tarted up because, at the end of the day, these are songs to sing along to. They are songs to dance to.

Based out of the port city of Fremantle, Black Board Minds are part of the WA music community that has produced artists such as Abbe May and Tame Impala... artists who aren't afraid to look outside their own era for inspiration. Musicians who are the utmost music lovers.

So there are sure to be some serious twists and turns when Black Board Minds’ debut album finds its way onto a shiny disc, and as the first taste of things to come, Hell With Me is a sign to put on your seatbelt and get ready.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users