#1 Heytesburg

Heytesburg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:06 AM

The Brag, X Press, Rave Magazine, Beat Magazine, Rip it Up Magazine & A-Team Music Co. proudly present:

THE RED PAINTINGS return to OZ for 'The Black Paintings' Australian Tour 2012

Welcome to the world of The Red Paintings - an Orchestral Art Rock group known for their vibrant stage shows incorporating live art, human canvases, theatrics & more.

PERTH SHOW
Thursday January 19 The Bakery // Perth WA
w/ The Shallows, Heytesburg
Tickets - www.nowbaking.com.au & www.moshtix.com.au

THE RED PAINTINGS (TRP) are a progressive rock / theatrical performance group who incorporate themed costumed stage shows, live art, visual projections (working with local and international artists), human canvases. The bands’ sound and live show is described by fans and press as orchestral art rock.

Compared to acts like Radiohead, Muse & The Arcade Fire and also hand picked as touring support around the globe with like minded acts such as Atari Teenage Riot, The Posies, The Dresden Dolls, Mindless Self Indulgence, Saul Williams, and Mogwai.

The Red Paintings are one of those few acts that will take you on a journey into the future with a lively and visionary performance that is sure to inspire your mind and senses alike!

The Black Paintings tour brings a creative new stage show to Australia, showcasing songs from the bands forthcoming album. The live experience incorporates cello, violin, piano, drums, bass, guitar and vocals. The show is an artistic reflection on the potential outcome of conscious human neglect of our natural resources. At each show, artists and audience members are encouraged to join the band on stage to express (through painting) their individual visions through connecting with the music. In addition to painting on traditional canvases, the artists also paint on 'human canvases'. Each TRP stage show is a unique collaboration between the audience, art and the band, while in real time, recognising and confronting important issues. Through this interaction, the band creates a uniquely more engaging experience.

Prior to the upcoming January 2012 tour, the band will be warming up with an exclusive Australian release of the newly mixed track 'The Streets Fell Into My Window' which includes strings played by the Brisbane Philharmonic Orchestra. To coincide with the release of the new single, the band will finally reveal the highly anticipated video for 'The Streets Fell Into My Window'. The video recently took out first place for best 'music video' at the Australia Movie Mania Awards 2011 and other film festivals world-wide.

Through fan donation and support, the band raised the funds to create their full-length debut album titled 'THE REVOLUTION IS NEVER COMING'. The album boasts a musical array of sound that includes a 20 piece choir, 45 piece orchestra, theremin players and much more. The creative journey of the album has taken song writer and producer "Trash McSweeney" 5 years and 5 world class studio’s to reach the completion of this epic vision .

THE REVOLUTION IS NEVER COMING is due for release in 2012.

"Their haunting lyrics and arrangements play games with your head until Stockholm Syndrome finally creeps in. I couldn’t blink, let alone tap my feet. By the encore I was totally fucking mesmerised. These guys could have told me to have sex with the cigarette machine, and I would have, transformed out of all recognition." – Blunt Magazine

"TRP will change you on how you think about ANY live performance. They will take you on a journey into the future with a vibrant and visionary performance that is sure to impact your mind and senses alike!" - Time Off Magazine

"The Red Paintings really are a unique experience all of their own. Alas, it was all over before it really seemed to kick in. I wanted to hear more. Powerful rhythms, emotive vocals and expressive strings easily impressed the audience, playing in front of a capacity audience. And they weren't even the main act." – DB Magazine

www.theredpaintings.com / www.facebook.com/theredpaintings
www.twitter.com/theredpaintings / www.myspace.com/theredpaintings

WITH LOCAL SUPPORT FROM:

Heytesburg - http://www.facebook.com/heytesburg - psych industrial rock
The Shallows - http://www.facebook....157732367591092 - baroque pop / dream pop

Edited by Heytesburg, 09 December 2011 - 10:43 AM.

www.facebook.com/Heytesburg

#2 Heytesburg

Heytesburg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

FACEBOOK EVENT

#3 Heytesburg

Heytesburg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

BUMP. Next week.

#4 Mr Serial

Mr Serial

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

I heard they told every member of the supporting bands that they had to invite every single person they were "friends" with on "facebook" and email them a screen shot to prove it.

Is this true???

#5 basstapex

basstapex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

so, how did this go? were the rumours Mr Serial stated here true? were they dicks?

#6 Heytesburg

Heytesburg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

Haha they seemed alright, though I admittedly didnt go out of my way to talk to them given the articles posted. Spoke to frontman very briefly and he seemed ok.

Judging from those mess n noise articles, could have just been the tour manager...

#7 basstapex

basstapex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

were there any people there?

#8 Heytesburg

Heytesburg

Advanced Member