47 replies to this topic

#21 Mrb

Mrb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8035 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

The family of those that have died have been pretty open about how pissed off and distraught these rioters have caused them.

The rest of your post was way beyond ignorant, utter bulshit
Brian,Brian. The babe they called 'Brian', He grew,...grew, grew, and grew--,Grew up to be-- grew up to be A boy called 'Brian'-- A boy called 'Brian'. He had arms... and legs... and hands... and feet, This boy... whose name was 'Brian', And he grew,... grew, grew, and grew-- Grew up to be-- Yes, he

#22 Chaircat Meow

Chaircat Meow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9278 posts
  • LocationBumstead flats

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

Nice to see we're on the same page... in how we regard each other's view. Haha.

You don't have a clue what you are referring to, when you refer anything beside what you've said with cringeworthy cliches like 'bleeding hearts'.

You've no idea how this happened. It seems like you have no interest. If I'm going to read your stupefyingly asinine views on this.. you'll get a reply pointing it out.

You live in a daydream, and the moment the media allow a glimpse for the real world to show it's face to you.. you start screaming for the cops to make it stop. The problems is, as the world gets more crowded it just can't be that simple. There's not enough cops in the world, Brian. Not enough prisons.

For millions of people out there, the only shocking thing about that kind of violence, is the fact it strayed outside the hellholes people like you are absolutely fine with squashing whole populations into, then promptly forgetting about unless they shit on your lawn.
Or the lawns of people like you.

Nothing you have said is particularly offensive in regard to how crime should not be encouraged. The offence is in your refusal to show any real compassion for the victims when you fail acknowledge this kind of thing can be prevented but is not being prevented.

Symbolically.. you're just part of another gang, really. Part of the problem. England's a good example of something that should be concerning all of us and it's tad more complex than 'Cops and robbers' mate.
Sanssangria are happy to play your show, hit us up!

http://listn.to/Sanssangria

https://www.facebook...34765529870619/  

RIP Sid

I found the keys to cornerstone in my coffee,
I am generic brand for product of environment,
I get these dreams that roll and shake into pieces,
I pick them up to find that I am wide awake again

#23 Mrb

Mrb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8035 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:46 AM

How's this for ignorance? I'm basing my opinion from what I've seen and know. True

Your basing yours from blatant assumptions. You know as much about this as me yet continue to speak for the rioters, theives and killers. Nice guy.

You are (as always) drawing arguments from me that I have either previously agreed with you on or is not connected with anything I've said.

You don't make sense
Brian,Brian. The babe they called 'Brian', He grew,...grew, grew, and grew--,Grew up to be-- grew up to be A boy called 'Brian'-- A boy called 'Brian'. He had arms... and legs... and hands... and feet, This boy... whose name was 'Brian', And he grew,... grew, grew, and grew-- Grew up to be-- Yes, he

#24 Chaircat Meow

Chaircat Meow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9278 posts
  • LocationBumstead flats

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:02 PM

Tell me what you've seen and what you know. What examples do you have to give?
You mean what you've seen on mainstream television in sensationalist news reports, don't you? maybe heard a few things on the radio?

What do you know? Cliches? Stereotypes? How to say 'we need to crack down on criminals' fifty million times in a row? Don't make me laugh!

I've read as much as i can find from as diverse a number of sources as possible, since the second day they happened.

I've already referred to all of the young people who JUST CAME OVER FROM BRITAIN, several from London, that i spoke to about exactly what just happened, just last year. That's right brian, i've had access to people from those neighbourhoods who actually predicted it a year ago.
Plus on a much smaller scale I was working in Rockingham when a very tiny version of it around the safety bay/rocko/mandurah foreshore/area erupted for a couple weekends. I spoke with their parents in great length about the state of England, and the socio-political/economic issues and tension over there.  

I've been reading about the history of riots in england- jail riots, race riots, street riots most of this year. I like to learn about this stuff generally mate- i'm not some armchair expert who tells everybody it's a one aspect topic for discusssion, and anything else is not relevant.

I'm studying Anthropology this year, and psychology, and it all ties in to help flesh out my understanding. Oh, and a 7 year history of youth work from outreach to management work, with people from similar backgrounds in similar situations to those involved in both sides of the riots.

C'mon- where does your understanding come from Brian? What makes you so confident to tell Kransky or me 'No. It's not about anything other than sending a strong message through punishment' and dribbling seven shades of shit about 'bleeding hearts'. I'm gonna love hearing this.

RIP Sid

#25 Mrb

Mrb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8035 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

Wow. You really are the man on the street. Name a terrible event? Chaircat is the man with his nose to the ground. He speaks to people, he reads shit, he's had experience with pretty much even kind of bleeding heart imaginable. He knows shit, people He's the one. Look, he's studying. Fucking champion has already done a semester. Step aside barry Jones, we officially have the most knowledgeable man in Australia........no.....IN THE WORLD.........THE WHOLE WORLD!! NOT ONLY THAT, HE HAS EXPERIENCE!! Thats right, he's lived through it all. He done it fucking hard, too. You have no idea how fucking hard he's done it. He's 1/64th Aboriginal, you know. Yeah, he knows how they feel. You have no idea the racial discrimination, he's had to deal with. And the government,.....oh don't get me started how how fucking terrible the government have treated him. What about the cops? Those fuckers....yeah, he knows what they're REALLY up too. he knows EVERYTHING. But what's most important - he speaks for the little people. Thats right hard-done-by's, chaircat is on your side. Thats important, coz he is.

I haven't watched the news and I am very close to three people who have been directly affected with these riots, and have spoken to them all. That's all you need to know because otherwise, this is just going to turn into who knows more and who is right. We both know I can't compete with your unbelievable amount of experience and knowledge.

What i do know, is that the community is less two dickheads for 4 years. Good!!!

#26 Chaircat Meow

Chaircat Meow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9278 posts
  • LocationBumstead flats

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:02 PM

Hey let off steam all you want. There's been a lot of agreement on my part about punishing criminals. Just because we agree on some real basic obvious shit that hardly needs disputing doesn't mean we have to agree that's where the issues end.

I'm not letting you get away with using the whole thing to take shots at imaginary 'bleeding hearts', somehow accusing any other view from yours as either 'protecting' rioters or of less value than your constant repetition of just the most basic, and ultimately inadequate response.

Revenge won't equalise the situation, that's just insane. People say stupid things when they're mad, sure, but i'm not buying your hysterics at all. Just because you know a few people in England, doesn't invalidate anything more specific or broader said about this.

You boil this down to a couple of convictions? Hey i'm not going to judge how you celebrate that, given whatever concern you have for your friends.. however tenuous the link. I'd like to know exactly how affected your friends were by the riots, outraged british citizen who saw it on telly like you did in Aus? Lived a few blocks away??

Or were they actually perpetrated against?

Those communities lost far more than they gained from any follow up as far as I can see. Punishment is just one initial part of an entire process needed to protect people and restore British society to anything near a functioning ideal.

I'm arguing against the idea of sticking your head in the sand and clumsily misappropriating all other comments as being somehow supportive of violent crime.  

But let's explore your happiness over some convictions.. Ok, Done and dusted, now what? Do you have your personal closure, as a concerned citizen of the world on this?

Edited by Chaircat Meow, 17 August 2011 - 11:05 PM.

RIP Sid

#27 Mrb

Mrb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8035 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:15 AM

I'm not stupid enough to know your not supportive of the violence. I was hoping you would already understand that. It was just a reflection of how you constantly butcher what should be good debates with stupid assumptions of people to try and strengthen your arguments. Me being supportive of the prompt and effective action from the law does make me cold to those who are really struggling. It's those people my heart goes out too.

I see a difference between a dickhead and someone just being a dickhead. Most of those in that riot were just caught up with the moment. They were being dickheads but most likely genuinely good people. They still deserve to cop a punishment and those people would most likely cop it on the chin and come out better for it.
Then there are those that are just plain dickheads. You know the ones. The type that perpetrate racism, always violent, bitter and just fuck it up for the rest of us. Basically those that defy basic respect for others continuously. You don't like those people as much as me.

An example must be set. No decent person accepts those actions. First and foremost, the community must feel safe and know that action must be taken. They are doing that and that's good.
They are also, at the same time, investigating what went wrong, how it happened and what to do to prevent it. Setting an exapmple of what not to do on Facebook by giving a harah penalty is a great start. Hopefully those peole will learn. If they don't, they are dickheads.

I'm do understand hard life. In our own way, we've all had one . It's no excuse to lash it out on the innocent. It should never be and as a person who is one of the 99.99% trying to do the right thing, we have to take it back.

I've spent many months living in Lewisham, one of the places where the riots were. One friend was caught up and extremely shaken. One friend still dose not know if she has a job and another has lost friends that chose to take part

#28 Silas

Silas

Silas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1258 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

Posted Image

Oi Bryan, thanks for your letter. I like your thoughts on fines for short trousers and think your onion and cheese sandwich recipe sounds delish!
Yours,

CB 40

Biggie, Tupac and... Silas

Bucka! Bucka! Bucka!

#29 Chaircat Meow

Chaircat Meow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9278 posts
  • LocationBumstead flats

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:00 PM

well alright Brian, beside disagreeing that i've butchered this discussion in any way at all..

i'm actually quite respectful of the idea that a decent discussion involves people not afraid to engage in one with their views.

We may feel equally vehemently about how the other chooses to put their point across, but I do realise if you didn't care at all... you wouldn't have even bothered continuing.

You're obviously affected and mostly quite genuine, us disagreeing simply reflects the genuine breadth of such topics. I think people have every right to get passionate about the riots, state their views, and call out bullshit if they think bullshit's being said. Nothing wrong with an argument, it's better than silence, unquestioning political correctness or apathy.

But I agree with Sily!

RIP Sid

#30 Duceman

Duceman

King Of All Media

• Perthbands Reviewer
  • PipPipPip
  • 15454 posts
  • Locationthe mean streets of Inglewood

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:15 PM

Wait, i'm confused. What exactly is it you're arguing for Chaircat?
There might be a million other people tryin' to do what I do, but I'm the only one who knows what to do

#31 Mrb

Mrb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8035 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

It's Brian, Silas. For that disregard for the spelling of my name, I won't be offering the final and most important part for my cheese sandwiches

#32 cheesekranksy

cheesekranksy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:22 PM

I'm reasonably certain that silas doesn't want your "special sauce". He's a laydeez mang.

#33 Chaircat Meow

Chaircat Meow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9278 posts
  • LocationBumstead flats

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:30 AM

View PostDuceman, on 18 August 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

Wait, i'm confused. What exactly is it you're arguing for Chaircat?

Free Earl.

RIP Sid

#34 Lickerr

Lickerr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2405 posts
  • LocationOuter Space

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:11 AM

Free sandwiches

#35 Mrb

Mrb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8035 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:05 AM

View PostChaircat Meow, on 19 August 2011 - 06:30 AM, said:

Free Earl.
You oughta steer clear of mainstream media. Earl is a fictional character in a show. Not surprised you can't tell the difference though

#36 Silas

Silas

Silas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1258 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:59 AM

No No No Brian!

OFWGKTA!
Chairy is down with the kids, and Pusha T.

Sorry for mixing up your name,
Silas

Bucka! Bucka! Bucka!

#37 Mrb

Mrb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8035 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:17 AM

Forgiven, now be sure to spread a thin layer of butter across the whole bread, right up to the edges

#38 Chaircat Meow

Chaircat Meow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9278 posts
  • LocationBumstead flats

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

Well, you'd be the expert on spreading it a bit thin, eh Brian?

RIP Sid

#39 Mrb

Mrb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8035 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

You certainly aint an expert on puns

#40 Silas

Silas

Silas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1258 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

"Spreading it"!!!!!!!!!!!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Bucka! Bucka! Bucka!

0 user(s) are reading this topic